You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.

Andhra Pradesh, Kurnool, Orvakal: Locating Groundwater, Borewell Drilling Agencies & Costs?

I have a 13 acres of agricultural land at Orvakal,Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. I would like to dig a borewell, what will the estimated expenditure be for 250 depth borewell? .For digging a borewell whose permission required? I would like to to know whether the water sources can be located by scientific methods, if there are any government or private agencies for the same? What are the expenses involve in water prospecting by the agencies?





Kumar can contact the Deputy Director/Assistant Director, State Ground Water Department, Kurnool to obtain answers for all his queries. No permission is normally required to construct a well for irrigation. Even if such a permission is required, the State Ground Water Department is the competent authority to accord permission.

He may also contact S.P.Y. Reddy, Member of the Parliament, Nandyal, a mechanical engineer and owner of the Nandi group of industries, Nandyal, who has a programme to drill bore wells for irrigation for the benefit of the farmers of Kurnool District.

Dr. R. Jagadiswara Rao
Retired Professor of Geology
Sri Venkateswara University
Tirupati, AP 517502

Dr. R. Jagadiswara Rao, Professor of Geology Retired, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, AP 517502, India

2. Well dried up in mango plantation-need help

Dear Mr. Jagadishwar,

I am Rasool, from Kurnool district, Dhone taluk, Yapadhinne village.

We have 12 acres of agricultural land, but we don't have any irrigation system for our villages and we also do not get proper rainfall during the monsoons.

Due to these reasons our lands are not useful to farmers and they are facing several problems for crop development once in year. Now a days people are interested in plantation crops like mango, mosambee with the help of drip irrigation system.

We have a mango plantation in our land (5 acres), around 250 plants, a year and six months old. We are supplying water by drip system. Water source is an open well in our land, now this well has dried up and we don't have any other water source in the plantation area.

So please give the necessary information about borewells, locating one in our land using latest scientific techniques as well as borewell agencies. Also please give me information about government schemes that could help us financially.

Thank you

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
6 + 8 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 India License.